Are you staring at the mirror, looking at that ugly reddish inflammation that occur at one or both corners of your mouth? These are a type of sensitive sore, which begin with a little tenderness and can gradually trigger dryness, chapping and eventually, red lesions. Fortunately it only stays with the inflamed spot and does not dispersed.
This skin disorder is often described as angular cheilitis or cracked corners of mouth. Although it is not a life threatening condition, it can certainly bring much discomfort and embarrassment to the sufferers. After all, your facial does play an important role in your daily social life (don’t you agree?)
What could cause angular cheilitis?
1. Insufficiency of essential minerals (eg. iron, zinc and Vitamin B2)
2. Poor health immune system
3. Inappropriate fixing of dentures
4. Weather conditions (cold and dry climate) causing lips to dry up and crack.
What can be DONE to fix or avoid cracked mouth?
1. Pure Natural Honey. Honey has an amazing effect in battling with the infection caused by micro bacteria. Apply honey on your cracked corner mouth and allow it to remain coated on the inflamed skin for about 15 minutes. Do this 3 times daily for a week and your angular cheilitis should be healed by then.
2. Aloe Vera. You could either use gel form (easily get from pharmacies) or fresh aloe vera leaf. I will prefer the latter as it offers better result in healing and easing the pain of angular cheilitis. Extract the fresh from the plant and keep them refrigerated. Defrost when needed and gently scrub the cooling aloe vera flesh on the inflamed corners of the mouth for a few minutes. Allow it to dry up for at least 15 minutes before washing it.
3. Water. Always keep your body hydrated by consuming adequate fluid daily. Plain drink water will have the optimum effect. When the body lacks of fluid, your skin will tend to dry up and cracks, leading to the flare up of cracked mouth. Make it a point to beverage at least 8 glasses of water daily. This will keep your skin moisture.
4. Cucumber. I guess this will be the cheapest natural remedy that you can ever find. You would just need a piece of cucumber. Cut them into thin slices and place them on the afflicted area. You could also scrub it gently on the inflamed mouth. It will certainly minimize the soreness and provide swift discomfort relief.
Now that you had learnt some WAYS to have the painful cracked mouth treated, it’s time to put them to use. In fact, it is not at all difficult to have angular cheilitis treated within just few hours using the natural remedies right from HERE!