I’m sure that you would have this skin disorder at some point in your life. The cracks that appear in the corners of your mouth not only bring you much discomfort and embarrassment as well.
Cracked corner mouth (also known as angular cheilitis in medical term) is an agonizing condition that triggers splits in the corners of mouth and lips. In severe conditions, the cracks could possibly lead to profusely bleeding and bring along social shame for the sufferer.
Different causes of angular cheilitis
There isn’t really a single factor that could lead to cracked mouth. More likely it is a combination of various causes that trigger angular cheilitis.
1. One extremely prevalent cause is the badly fitting dentures that can cause tiny, practically indiscernible pockets of skin to form. This provides an ideal breeding environment for bacteria to nurture rapidly.
2. Another common factor is overweight. Plump person tends to grow pockets of skin, particularly if they have actually gain weight rapidly. Other habitual causes include individuals who had a bad habit of sucking things (eg. pens, fingers and thumbs) in the mouth.
3. An unexpected change in weather condition, using of new cosmetic product or a change in your hormones can make the corners of your mouth dry and cracked. When this happens, it is essential to look for the appropriate therapy or else an infection may emerge.
Natural treatments that can help the corners of your mouth
While there are many medications that can be used to deal with angular cheilitis, natural treatment will still be the best choice, as they don’t come with any unwanted side effects.
1. Make healthy food selections. Pick foods that are rich in minerals and vitamins. Fresh fruits, green leafy vegetables, whole grains and beans are foods rich in healthy carbohydrates. Foods with monounsaturated fats, such as olive oil and avocados, in addition to foods rich in Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids, are required for healthy skin.
2. Include supplements such as multivitamin and riboflavin B-2 to your diet plan. Riboflavin assists to secure cells for oxygen damage and supports cellular energy. One prevalent indicator of lacking in riboflavin is the appearing of broken skin at the mouth’s corners.
3. Do you know that cucumber is said to be one of the cheapest and most effective home remedy for cracked corners of mouth. What you need is just to cut a piece of cucumber and rub it on the affected area. Repeat this treatment 3 times daily.
4. The anti-bacterial capability that comes with Aloe Vera makes it the best fighter against angular chelitis. You could use either fresh pulp of Aloe Vera or aloe vera gel. Apply them on the afflicted area to get instant pain relief.
Any cracks over the corners of the mouth can end up really aching, making it difficult to eat, drink or even smile when the condition is left unattended. We need to use our mouth and lips daily and any slight movement triggers a painful disturbance of the affected area. Fortunately, this can be treated easily within just few hours using the natural home remedies right from HERE!