You are trying to enjoy a cup of orange juice and the moment the liquid comes into contact with the red cracked skin around mouth, you instantly feel sharp pain. You quickly have a glance of your mouth in the mirror and found reddish, inflammation and swelling around the corners of the mouth.
This skin condition is often known as angular chelitis, stomitis or perleche and is primarily caused by fungal bacterial infection. If you choose to leave it untreated, the cracked condition can easily deteriorate leading to much more serious issue including bleeding.
Fortunately, cracked mouth can be addressed naturally using some household remedies.
1. Fresh cucumber. Do you have it in your fridge? You just need to cut cucumber into thin slices and gently rub it against the inflamed cracked corners. Do this treatment 2 times daily (morning and night) and your cracked mouth will start healing gradually.
2. Natural aloe vera plant. You can easily get this plant from any grocery shops. Extract the fresh pulp of Aloe Vera from its leaf and rub it delicately on the afflicted spot. The anti-bacterial feature that comes with aloe vera will cure angular chelitis swiftly.
3. Unsalted butter. Make sure that you used ONLY unsalted butter. Gently rub thin layer of the butter on the inflamed cracked mouth and left it coated for at least 30 minutes. Repeat this treatment 2 times daily. Do this for a week and you would discover the fantastic benefit it had on healing the inflammation.
4. Boost up your intake of vitamin. Vitamin plays a vital role in our body defense system and one of the main triggering causes for cracked mouth flare up is the inadequate consumption of vitamin. I would opt for natural vitamin present in green leafy vegetables, tomatoes, spinach, carrot and fresh fruits rather than vitamin pills.
5. Olive oil. Do you have this in the kitchen? Olive oil is not merely used for cooking and can be used to treat angular chelitis. Unbelievable right? But it’s true; olive oil can help to relieve pain and swelling caused by angular chelitis. What you need to do will be to apply some olive oil to your cracked corners and clean it up after 30 minutes. Do this 2 times daily.
It is also advisable that you stay clear of flavored toothpaste, lipstick and heavy make-ups and drink more water (at least 8 glasses) daily. Water plays a critical role in ensuring that your skin stay hydrated and do not dry up, ending with cracks.
To summarize, cracked corners mouth is not a fatal skin diseases. What you need is some effort and special remedies from HERE to have it eliminated swiftly and permanently.