Angular cheilitis, a type of skin disorder, is often identify by that dry, cracked, flaky and aching lesion that appears in the cracked mouth. This is of no doubt a prevalent condition and had been affecting folks of all ages from time to time all year round.
There are many factors that could lead to the flare up of cracked mouth such as dry weather condition, too much exposure to extreme temperatures, dehydration, lip biting, riboflavin (vitamin B2) insufficiency as well as unfit dentures. Angular cheilitis could also brought by allergies, infections, medications as well as various other clinical problems.
Treating angular cheilitis at home
There is a common perception that angular cheilitis is best treated using creams or lotion. However, the chemicals that present in them in could in fact contaminate the lesions when you have little open skin. For that reason, natural remedies are getting popular as alternate cures for cracked mouth condition.
1. Honey. The nutritional characteristics of honey make it an effective choice for healing any inflamed skin. A simple and easy treatment approach. Just need to apply a thin coating of pure natural honey on the lesions and let it remain coated for 30 minutes before washing it off. Do this 3 times daily for a week to have the healing effect.
2. Coconut oil. Numerous angular cheilitis patients had actually discovered that coconut oil is a fantastic natural remedy for curing any chapped lips. Just apply a bit of the oil to the cracked mouth 3 times each day. You could increase the frequency when the weather condition gets too cold or dry.
3. Keep your body hydrated. Given that dehydration is the primary source for cracked corners mouth, it is recommended to consume at least 3 litres of plain drinking water daily. Likewise, on dry wintertime days, make use of a humidifier in your house to keep the air moist.
4. Aloe vera. The antibacterial moisturizer of Aloe Vera makes it an outstanding recovery agent for skin. To enjoy its amazing smoothing effect, apply the aloe vera cream (you can easily get them from pharmacies) as often as required on the lesions.
5. Cucumber. Cucumber possesses these amazing effect, which is to hydrate, soothes and heal any swelling of inflamed skin. Many angular cheilitis patients had adopted this remedy as it is indeed a straightforward and efficient treatment (Cut thin slice of cucumber and gently rub it on the cracked mouth).
Now you had learned about the various natural WAYS to have your cracked corners mouth treated, it’s time to get things going. In fact, it is always possible to have angular cheilitis eliminated as fast as within 24 hours right from HERE!